Based in Sydney, Rootz was founded by two Brazilians – Daniel and Marilia – in December 2019. The project started with an unpretentious idea of selling sustainable sunglasses for a fair price.
The name and logo were chosen after thinking about something that resembled our sustainable purpose and our origins. It is not easy being away from our families and friends, but we have never forgotten our roots and the important people that made us who we are.
Unfortunately, we have decided to take different paths and Marilia is no longer part of Rootz. She will be always remembered for her effort and ideas, without her this project would never exist. If you want to know more about Daniel, check the post on our instagram.
Besides making you look fabulous in our sunglasses we also care about the enviroment and want to make a positive impact on the earth. That is why we plant a tree and donate 10% of our profit each pair we sell.
At Rootz we follow three simple values that guide our conduct and decisions. These values are how we wanted to be remember:
Although our sunglasses aren't 100% sustainable yet, we support sustainability in multiple ways:
- Every sunglasses case and temples are made of sustainably sourced bamboo (certified by Forest Stewardship Council - FSC).
- Planting one tree through with One Tree Planted (a non-profit organization that supports the reforestation around the globe).
- Donating 10% of our profit every pair we sell.
- Dispatching all our standard orders through Sendle (which is a carbon neutral courier).
- Using compostable satchels made from sustainably-sourced plants and naturally renewable resource.
We strive to offer the best product to our customers. Therefore we only work with selected suppliers able to meet our quality standards and provide comfortable and durable sunglasses. That is why we offer a hassle free 12-month manufacturer defect warranty and a 30-day return policy for all our sunglasses.
We don't want to be just another company selling products and turning our backs after a sale. Rootz is always striving to improve - we appreciate all types of suggestions, opinions, and feedbacks. Thus, we offer a $10 discount code for every customer that review us (no matter if positive or negative - as long as it honest and help us to be better).
Rootz isn`t just a brand, Rootz is a Purpose. So far we have planted more than 250 trees and donated more than $1,300
We do not have an exclusive partner for our donations. Since our foundation we have suppored different institutions and causes. There is a lot of people in need and we try our best to help the most we can. So far we have supported:
- Blaze Aid (to help families affected by the bushfires in Australia in 2019).
- Wires Wildlife Rescue (Australia's largest wildlife rescue organisation in 2020).
- BRACCA (Brazilian Community Council of Australia in 2020).
- Movember Foundation (Mental health and suicide prevention in 2020).
- Brazilian Aid (to help the Brazilian community affected by covid in Australia in 2020).
- Ecotrópica (to help wildlife and communities impacted in Pantanal in 2020).
- SES (State Emergency Service - during the flods in NSW in 2020).
- Plastic Free July (foundation that works to avoid plastic waste in the world in 2021).